Skip to main content

Movie Reviews!

Watched quite a lot of movies over this weekend in DVD/VCD and in theater also. Will write short notes on all the movies I watched.

Flightplan
Got the DVD of this movie from the local video store. Had seen a review of this in Sun TV's Hollywood show and was counting my lucky stars to the DVD which was greatly in demand (accrdng to video store guy).

Plot Outline (accrdng to IMDB): A claustrophobic, Hitchcockian thriller. A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plane.

Verdict: Well, if you have never seen how an Airbus/Boeing plane looks like, especially the jumbo ones, u got to watch this movie. Since I love anything that flies, I especially found this interesting. The movie's screenplay is brilliant and will keep you guessing as to whether Jodie Foster is a psychic or not.

Rating: 4/5

Mr Ya Miss
Another small budget movie from the Ram Gopal Verma stable. Thought of seeing it after seeing the promos in TV.

Plot Outline: A guy becomes a gal coz of a punishment from Lord Shiva/Parvathi. He (or should i say she) suffers a lot and understands the value of a woman.

Verdict: Got scared after this movie coz the hero's and my point of view about woman were the same! Oh lord Shiva, pls don't change me into a gal!! Antara Mali's acting was good, but irritating at times.

Rating: 1.5/5

Black (malayalam)
Ambalakkara Thetchikaavil pooram, avide 59 komban marude pooram... This song is a super duper hit in Kerala and is one of my favorites also. If you ask me, that's the only good thing about the movie!

Plot Outline: Mammooty is a gunda according to the first half of the movie, but then we are shown that he is in fact a police man with a negative trait. Gosh!

Verdict: The same old story that we have seen in 100s of films. To be precise, old wine in new bottle. Was a comeback vehicle for yesteryear actor Rehman. Watch it for the Ambalakkara song. And dear Mamooka, pls don't act in action movies, plzzz....

Rating: 2.5/5

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

I have never watched a horror movie, let it alone watch it in the middle of the night... I don't like horror movies, not because am a scare crow or anything, but.. just.. what to say... leave it.

Plot outline (accrdng to IMDB): A lawyer takes on a negligent homicide case involving a priest who performed an exorcism on a young girl.

Verdict: It scared the shit out of me man! Was even scared to drive back home from the theater, compounded with their version of horror stories from the 2 who accompanied me. Couldn't get a sleep!! Don't ever watch this movie if you are working in the night shift! Have decided not to go back home at 3 AM.... And am still getting the goose bumps!

Rating: 5/5 (just 4 giving me nightmares)

That pretty much outlines my movie review! If you want me to write more reviews, pls pay the ticket fee for me! ;-)

Comments

  1. hey looks like u write good movie reviews. y cant u continue this a section in ur blog. and by the way hw do u plan to go home late night after the shift. i also have heard some stories that there is something on the way to patti,,,,, hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen Black, but most of my friends who had seen the movie had like it..and I do agree flightplan is a good movie.

    I like the video clips on your blog, could you tell me how do you go about doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that comment anonymous... and double thanks for scaring an already scared soul!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Navin,

    Black is watchable, as I said, for that song and for some fast paced editing... Otherwise, it's the same sloppy movies that u see everyday...

    U just need to click on the play option and wait for sometime... Once the video is loaded, it will just play fine..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I actually wanted to know "how to place video clips on a blog? "

    You should try watching Chandapottu..I didnt find the movie to be that great but Dilips acting is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey RC,

    ur blog is becoming more and more interesting. even in my office, few people regularly visit ur blog. i think u can add one more movie name in that list. if u like thriller movie then Hide and Seek is a must see movie. it's a movie of MPD (multiple personality disorder). fantastic movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sude,

    Thanks for the compliments... will try harder to make it more interesting...

    Looking at the way I was scared to death, I doubt if I will ever watch "Hide and Seek" if its of the same genre as that of "Exorcism of Emily Rose".... But MPD is something interesting... Let me go check out if the CD of Hike and Seek is available...

    But, if anything happens to me after seeing it, you will be solely responsible ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey navin,

    I too watched Chandupottu... The movie "sucks"... I had to literally push myself out of the theater... Come on! We want to see Heroes doing fight scenes... not acting like gals ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey RC,
    It's interesting to see that Dileep's name in Chandupottu is Radha... Mole... Radhee
    So, we can guess why the movie sucks you....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dai Meesa Madhavaaa... Njan Aaaram Thamburanada... Chunayundengil neril vaa... Nee po mone dinesha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaram Thamburan (He he he -- nice joke) is now suffering from Alzheimer disease. Pavaam tanmatra ...

    Neeril njan vanirinnu, pakshe eyaale avide kandilla... Oodi raksha petto.. He he he

    Mole Radhaeeeee....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ariyaatha pillakku choriyumbol ariyum!

As a kid/teenager, my only source of information to learn malayalam was Manorama Publications' Balaram, a children's fortnightly and my granny. I still vividly remember how she used to teach me the basics of malayalam whenever I come to Kerala on vacations. My granny was also a great source of amazement for me as she used malaylam proverbs or the so called "pazham chollu" every now and then. These proverbs, though small in length and use, had deep insights! Though I can read/write Malayalam today, thx to Balarama and my granny, I used to miss her proverbs a lot. But not anymore!! Thanks to this Wikipedia link , forwarded to me by Vinay

Amul Hits...

[On the TV game show "Kaun Banega Crorepati - 2"] [On the unprecedented heavy rains flooding Mumbai causing loss of lives and havoc to people, their homes & properties] [Take off on the Bollywood film 'The Rising' featuring 'Mangal Pandey' the sepoy of the mutiny] [Rakshabandhan]

Trigger Jeans Showroom!

Trigger Jeans, a wholly owned brand of KG Denim Ltd. has opened its first stand-alone store in Coimbatore. The showroom, inagurated by ace drive Narain Karthikeyan two days back is in Arts College Road, Coimbatore. KG Denim launched the "Trigger" brand of jeans in the year 1995, positioning it as a trendy high quality jeans brand offering the best value. The brand within a very short span has risen to the status of market leader. The brand was only one of the two brands to be awarded the Indis Brand Equity Fund by the Government of India to promote "Made in India" labels worldwide. The Trigger brand is promoted extensively through TV, Print and Outdoor media. The advertising campaign is handled by HTA portraying various passions in the life of a jeans wearer and aims to make "Trigger My Passion" the new buzzword among the younger generation and also making Trigger Jeans their hot favorite. TRIGGER intends to open 100 showrooms in the next 12 months. 25 sho